Education

Interesting Facts about Water

Avatar
Written by juliaclara

Our earth is 71 percent covered with water. Water is essential for life and human body contains more than 60 percent of water which helps our body to do tasks and regulate body temperature. We can survive 1 week without food, but we can survive 3 days without water.

It is not only necessary for humans but also for plants, animals and all living things. It is a God gift for us. We use it in different ways in our daily lives. For drinking, cooking, washing, bath, cleaning. For these purpose we use underground water.

Usable water on earth is only less than 1 percent. The remaining 99 percent or more than 99 percent is found in oceans, seas and glaciers which is salted and not useable or drinkable. Water contains hydrogen and oxygen. Its chemical formula id H2O. It has many names. IF you want to know how to say water in different languages, then visit The Different Languages.

Here are some amazing facts about water

  • It not only regulates the temperature of human body, but also regulate the temperature of earth.
  • Human brain consist 75% of water and a living tree also.
  • When we freeze water, it expands and became lighter, that’s why ice floats in water.
  • In United Stated, 400 billion gallon water is used every day.
  • Water can dissolve more substance as compare to other liquid.
  • In under develop countries, Women have to do much struggle to get water for their families for daily use.
  • It is also true that healthy water is not available for everyone. Unsafe water kills hundreds of children per day.
  • Water freeze on 0 degree Celsius and boil on 100 degree Celsius.
  • Pure water has no smell, no taste and PH level around 7.
  • A jellyfish is made up with 95 percent of water.
  • 80 percent reason of illness in under develop countries is due to unsafe water.
  • In some developing countries, fifty percent of water wasted due to leakage.
  • In steel manufacturing industries, 300 tons of water is used to produce only 1 ton of steel.
  • Usage of water is growing day by day due to increasing in world population.
  • A running toilet can waste 800 liter water per day.
  • Water expands 9 to 11 percent when freeze due to which water supply pipes and lines burst in cold weather.
  • Only one leaking tap can waste thousands liter of water per year.
  • It is recommended to drink minimum 8 glass of water daily.
  • A tree moves 250 liter water per day from ground to atmosphere.
  • Car manufacturing industries use 20 thousand gallons water to produce 1 new car.
  • Water in bottles available in market is very much expensive than the tap water available in homes.
  • Americans used 5 times more water than European use.

Water is life, we should adopt that ways in which there is no wasting of water. Different countries call water in several different languages. If clean water is available 24 hours to us, we should thanks to our God because huge population in the world is facing shortage of water.

About the author

Avatar

juliaclara

Leave a Comment